Our trendy men’s African print clothing collection is great for wearing casually, on holiday, at the beach and for standing out in a crowd at parties and music festivals.
Be prepared to receive lots of compliments as people wonder where on earth you found such a funky, unique and colourful clothing item! You will certainly not find anything similar to wear on the high street.
Read on to find out why our African menswear is great to wear all summer long and for all occasions!
1) African wax print clothing brightens your mood and lets you have fun due to its vibrant colours and bold prints.
Kitenge customers having fun wearing their brand new African style shirts at Victorious Festival
2) Kitenge’s African print clothing is handmade using 100% cotton fabric, which keeps you nice and cool in warm weather.
Kitenge customers cooling down in their African print shirts after a hot summers day at a world music festival
3) As all our fabrics are made using 100% cotton they are extremely comfortable to wear. The more you wash them, in the machine or by hand, the softer the material becomes!
Benji from Super Dread feeling very comfortable in his new pair of African print trousers
4) All our kitenge fabrics are locally sourced in Tanzania and because they are original, African produced fabrics, their quality is exceptional.
Furthermore, our unique clothes are individually handcut by our tailors in Tanzania. Therefore, the print placement varies ensuring no two items are ever the same. Pretty cool hey?!
A customer at Africa Oye Festival with amazing individual style. We salute you!
5) Our colourful wax print fabrics will look the same for many years to come, as their colorfastness is also fantastic.
Happy customers modelling their funky Kitenge shirts at WOMAD Festival
“Shirt still fits perfect (compliments to the tailors!) and it receives compliments every time. Thank you, well done. See you at WOMAD this year” (Daniel, pictured above left, UK)
6) Stand out in a crowd and get noticed by wearing a Kitenge shirt and perhaps a pair of trousers too! Life is too short to wear dull and boring clothes.
Ben fully kitted himself out in Kitenge at Beautiful Days Festival. He was by far the coolest festivalgoer on the block!
“Fantastic project, fantastic people, and fantastic clothes! Big up Kitenge!” (Ben, UK)
7) Why not wear matching father and son shirts at a party, on holiday or at a music festival?
A father and son wearing matching Kitenge shirts at Glastonbury Festival
8) Or you could go all out by kitting out the whole family in our latest ankara styles!
The Hindley family wearing their African outfits at WOMAD Festival
9) It doesn’t matter what age you are. Anyone can enjoy wearing African print clothing!
Kitenge Founder’s Grandfather, Ron, is in his 90’s and often wears Kitenge shirts to brighten up his surroundings
10) Don’t forget that all our modern African print clothing designs are lovingly handmade by our highly skilled tailors in Tanzania.
We are proud to be a ‘Made in Africa’ social enterprise empowering tailors to improve their livelihoods one colourful garment at a time!
Our master tailor, Abdallah, making one of our shirts at his workshop in Tanzania, which he opened using the profits made from our orders. He has also purchased several new sewing machines including the one he is using in this photo.
Did you know that Kitenge offers a bespoke and made-to-measure service? Please get in touch if you see a particular print you love but your size has sold out or if you would like us to make a pair of longer length trousers or a different sized shirt for example.
We will guide you through the entire process including the design, fit and measurements required by our master tailor. Your life will be transformed once you receive your order and it fits like a glove!
So take a tour of our African print boutique online, learn why we exist and get to know our fantastic team of talented tailors in Tanzania. We hope you like what you see and enjoy getting to know us better.
From Thread to Shop: How we Make African Print Clothing
Wash Care Advice for African Print Clothing
Ankara Fashion: Meet The Small Businesses Behind The Seams
Follow us on Instagram
Sign up for the latest news and offers